Saturday 2 November 2013

AEDM 2013 day 2

I guess this kind of fits in with the time of year.

Although Hallowe'en is Oct 31st
we tend to be a bit more practical when it comes to Samhain,
so I'll be celebrating it tonight with friends and family.
There's a Samhain feast with lots of wintery warming goodies,
good company,
and a place for absent friends.


I can't remember where I originally came across this quote,
but it's been in my notebook for a while.
And although it's cute,
the message is there for all of us,
no matter how great or wonderful you may think you are,
the wheel will turn
and you'll leave with the same as you started with.
The big question is;
What will you leave behind?
Hopefully it's a little piece of yourself in many hearts.

Samhain Blessings to one and all.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I have some neeps to carve...

9 comments:

  1. I love both the quote and the image. Very true and very inspiring when looked at from the gift of life perspective (and in some cases, the gift of death.) I especially enjoy the lettering and the way the colors bleed, adding to the content within. So glad to have found you via AEDM2013.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very true quote indeed and a great way to illustrate it in your painting, Nigel.

    Samhain Blessings to you also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true (with the addition of taxes). Samhain Blessing to you. Happy AEDM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Nigel, I love this piece. Death is a subject that most fear or at least avoid. I see death as a passage to greater adventures. While I don't want to rush it. I will be excited when my time comes. ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quote and the art. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very true, Nigel. I love this piece. Glad to see you're participating in AEDM. I look forward to your posts! I hope you had a great time with your friends. xo, janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very true and good words to consider! Great piece!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.