Wednesday 7 August 2013

Day 3

Serendipity?
or Synchronicity?

For a couple of days now I've been thinking of creating something featuring feathers.
This has been brought about by finding small white feathers in unexpected places
(such as the physio department whilst doing an assessment)
I've always taken these as a sign that I'm being watched over,
and had a vague idea of a journal page with a feather or something.

I've also been thinking about balance.
Most people who know me would tend to put me on the light* side,
and it's true that I do tend towards healing and creating,
but I also acknowledge that life has a dark* side.
My deities reflect this, one is known primarily for healing, the other for battle.

Anyway, back to the story.
Today, I decided to cycle to the shop and pick up a few things for tomorrow's dinner**.
On the way there, I stopped as my phone had buzzed.
When I checked it there were no missed calls, texts, etc.
but as I stood there looking at it, I caught sight of a white feather on the ground.
And next to it, a black one.
And by now I know a hint when I see one.
So here's today's creative piece, a journal page.

*Light & dark aren't great descriptors, but they'll do.

** Today's top tip from the university of life. When shopping by bicycle, don't buy more than will fit in your backpack!

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful narrative and artwork Nigel.
    I too always thought finding white feathers was a sign of an "angel" watching over you.
    How nice to ride your bike to the market and I can just imagine you balancing a FULL backpack LOL
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiring story and great creation. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post Nigel. ( and yes I do still read your blog )

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a nice simple piece with impact. From what I remember of you, its the Morrigan who would be managing your dark side and Brigid, the light!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't you just love it when the powers that be give you heavy (or in this case lightweight) nudges.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.