Sunday 12 December 2010

Chilly

(although it's actually warmed up a bit now).

Yesterday was a playday at the Cubby Hole, and it was good to spend time with some of the wonderful people who craft there. I had intended to make some more Christmas & Midwinter cards but my mojo had done a runner and it didn't happen. Rather than go and buy some I've instead decided to donate the money to Help for Heroes.

Once that was decided it was time to play so the journals came out. This is a piece which was started yesterday, and finished today, and is my entry for the Play Date Cafe (the wording is purple but it's a bad photo).

It's also the latest page in my "Year in the Life of" journal, which began with a piece called..... "The Big Freeze". At the moment the weather has warmed up a bit, but apparently it's only temporary, so in a couple of weeks there may be a post called "The Big Freeze strikes back!", "Son of Big Freeze" or something equally as daft.

4 comments:

  1. As much as I love this page, I do not want the big freeze to return! We're off to Poland on Thursday, driving, and if the weather gets bad we may have to cancel the trip...:(( Can you make a sunny, warm page? With a spell of some kind to charm the weather, in your best Craig Revel Horwood voice?! lol ;))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to do a year in your life journal, and your page is lovely. It's turned very cold here again today, apparently sleet is on its way. I wish you lots of warmth for your next journal page! Thanks for joining in on the fun with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun page! LOVE that background color! I'm interested in making a journal like this--but I think I wouldn't know what to write or what to journal. THIS is a great inspiration for me!! THANKS! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with the color story over at the PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete
  4. "son of big freeze"
    Love it Nigel!

    Your approach to holiday cards is also inspiring

    Stay Warm...we are expecting a few snowflakes here in Virginia...we'll see what it comes to...it is chilly willy and very windy here too!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.