Sunday 17 May 2009

Dragonflies and Steampunk

Today's plan was to catch up on some of the journalling that needs doing, and sorting out some stuff for next weekend's camp, but the best laid plans and all that.

This month's Somerset Studio had an article on Steampunk which reminded me of an old PC game called Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magick. That led to a conversation with Sue yesterday, which in turn resulted in an email with a link to The Steampunk Workshop. Needless to say, a lot of the time when I should have been creating was spent mooching about the web, following various links to some amazing sites, and wondering how I can incorporate some Steampunk influences into my work.

Fortunately I managed to tear myself away
long enough to have a go at the "All that glitters" challenge at Crafts by Carolyn. The Dragonfly is painted with H2O's to give it some sparkle, and then double-embossed for a bit of extra shine. The ribbon is sparkly too.

Now, I wonder if I can produce a steampowered, gear-driven Dragonfly for the next one ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nigel
    I found your blog in other website. Love this drafonfly card.
    Good Job.

    **Sony**

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.